Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Yellow fever

Once upon a time early this summer I promised a new Roughnecks member to help him with his yellow smallframe. The scooter had been standing in his basement for quite some time, having problems with staying alive when warm. Typically capacitor problems, so I'd already sourced a new capacitor and spark gap for the scooter. The owner himself had a new coil. 

My "scooter trailer" is very versatile... 

 Ok, surgery...

 Dismantle and exit old capacitor and spark gap...

 Inserting DRT capacitor and new spark gap... 

The coil was also replaced with a new one.

The motor now works, but I am not totally satisfied with full throttle response. I might have to adjust the ignition timing a bit.

 
 Again, 5 scooters in the garage... 

But the yellow fever will soon be gone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment