Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Magic garage door opener

For quite some time now I've had issues with my automatic garage door. For some reason it works too well - it opens the garage without any warning. The garage is situated in the basement of the house, so it also provides free access into the house if the door is not locked. To say it mildly, the magic garage door has worried me for some time. I've tried to reprogram it, but the next morning the door was open again... 

So lately I've been unplugging it from the 230V when taking the scooter out for a spin. 

Well, not anymore. Yesterday, I installed a new opener:

The old Alltronik Speed 600S, unreliable on its old days... 

Replaced with a opener called Rawlink.

The installation job took about 2 hours, hopefully well worth the trouble. No more magic expected. The rest of the evening was spent on the Rally, preparing this for registration. The Rally definitively has some issues to be solved prior to approval, thats for sure. More about this here.

No comments:

Post a Comment