Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My newest toy, a TIG welder

As a person I often hear that I have a "hamster" mentality... ;-)

I like to collect things! I don't like to borrow things, I prefer to own. So I pretty much set up my garage with all necessary equipment for my hobbies.

That includes relevant specific tools for maintenance on Vespas (bearing removal, clutch compressor etc.), but also general tools and workshop equipment like sand blasting, painting and welding equipment.

My latest toy is a TIG welder. AC/DC, pulse, meaning you can pretty much weld any material, including cast aluminium and ordinary aluminium.

Argon gas bottle and the TIG welder...
Learning to weld... (with horrible results in the beginning! Luckily, this was a test piece)
Getting there...
I weld in the opening of my garage, not inside, very vulnerable for wind and rain at the moment. Now I only need a double garage to work in... ;-)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete